Sunday 14 December 2008

The "Strictly "door left slightly a jar....

It's been a bit of a hunker down weekend as we prepare for Christmas and Mrs B's Strictly Dance party No.2 (I was all for paying some Philipinoes minimum wage but Mrs B decided she would rather exploit my non-creative powers for free). I thought I had a get out of jail free card* with this weekend's Strictly Dance phone fiasco (If you are not a fan it will mean nothing to you. Congratulations and well done for not being ensnared). I mentioned in passing to Mrs B that it sounded almost as bad as the F1 fix earlier in the year (resulting in me having nothing more to do with the sport) and I felt that my conscience would not allow me to continue to support such a corrupt event. Mrs B gave me one of her harder "Don't go there" stares,(Not even Bernie Ecclestone, at his worst could stand up to a full-on Mrs B stare) which afforded me little choice but to continue supporting the whole corrupt sparkly regime.
A Mrs B Stare, fortunately only at half power. I still hope that Bernie Ecclestone will one day walk infront of a full force version and the rest of him will follow his heart and turn to stone...


* In truth I had been really enjoying this series, in a perverse kind of way. That is until last week's "Strictly Burn-out" for me, when through a combination of unfortunate events, including a rash promise to record and watch the Saturday night edition with some friends, because we were out on the Saturday night. Add to this a Mrs B migrain which resulted in an almost fatal "Strictly overdose" as I ended up watching the programme twice in a very short time frame. Aaaarrrggghhhh

The preparations have resulted in not much blogging time, so that's it for the moment. Hope you enjoy the shortness of it, I'll try and get a bit more blogging later in the week (lots of things floating around at the moment), if I can fit it in between Coldplay tomorrow night (yes I have checked both the date and the venue. Thanks for the trust.) and various Christmassie type things.....

Don't forget to drop into the "BlackLOG - Historical".

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, but I am also a SCD junkie and what's more I have infected my 8 year old son. Can we come to Mrs B's party? Son's impressions of Bruno, Len and Craig are pretty good/scary!

    ReplyDelete

Your Social Comment


This is just your opinion so feel free to say what you like...