I’ve been on a diet since I came back from skiing and despite having to reign back on exercise, due to my cracked rib, I have managed to lose over a stone.... I’ve stopped drinking fizzy drinks, cut out pure fruit juice, biscuits, cake, chocolate, pre-prepared meals and bread. These have been replaced by nuts, seeds and fruit smoothies and fresh ingredients..... On the plus side there is no calorie counting and no weighing portions so I don’t feel hungry. It also amazing to discover that fresh food tastes so much better than the pre-packaged pap that is out there... (Please, while Mrs B isn’t looking,......... send me chocolate..... )
- No setup shots beforehand (I had said that I would arrive later so that everyone had time to settle in and relax. It would have been helpful if she had told me at that point that she wanted some setup shots.... )
- No story of the party through pictures (the party script writer must have gone away.... There was a progression from vaguely sober to almost horizontal and don’t stand too close in case the alcohol fumes strip off layers of facial skin but I’m guessing that was not the story that was required)
- Not enough detail i.e. balloons, flowers etc...(I'm a bloke, that is clearly not going to happen without strict instructions in triplicate )
- No shots of the client and her husband together – (cardinal error, although in truth I didn’t find out who her husband was until after the party)
- No shots of the cake – (I have to hold my hands up and admit that I didn’t actually see a cake – It’s a real shame that someone didn’t formally introduce us, although probably just as well because with the BlackLOG propensity towards disaster and devastation and finding out later that the cake was in the form of white satin cushions I would probably have ended up sitting on it....
- While I knew the party’s theme was White, I didn’t actually know if it was a birthday, anniversary, getting through winter, getting out of prison party – Always ask.
- Always find out who the main people are at the party (i.e. family, close friends etc.)
- Take loads of shots of the client (I hate having my picture taken and forget people like to have pictures of themselves).
- Take more “detail” shots – i.e. the venue, details on dresses, flowers etc...
Justin Currie at the Union Chapel Islington
|"It might as well be you..."|
Justin shows his best pulling technique
I'll let you ladies decide how effective it is...
|"It's never too late to be alone"|
Justin wishes he had used stronger deodorant.....
Watch of the Week
The regular section in support of Joe (Stunt Cock) and his growing watch business Xupes. Joe mentioned that they had been getting a number of hits via the BlackLOG. Xupes has been trading for over 2 years and Joe has recently developed some great contacts in the trade which enables him to pick up surplus stock and sell them at great prices. Mrs B is a regular purchaser from his jewellery section, going self-service once she finally realised that her husband is not the jewellery buying type…
Record of the week
Dress down day
had finally hit rock bottom
"Sod your V.P.L problems - I think I've got a
dingle-berry emergency going on down there"
Referee -" I want a clean fight girls...."
Girls - "What sort of mud wrestling contest is this? "
The Sneaky fart....
"Please don't let it be a wet one...."
1 of 3
Early attempts to get the Macarena going failed
dismally - I just hope she doesn't attempt to cover
it up with a rendition of the Birdie Song....
2 of 3
"Yep, she tried the Birdie Song, which
didn't prove popular with the audience"
3 of 3
Bouncer - "Look luv this is your final warning -
No Birdie song....
and certainly no Agadoo.....
otherwise you are out of here....."
|Have you seen BlackLOGs pictures |
of us they are terrible....with no story